Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2007:
- Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 (2279655)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2007, you need to apply Update Rollup 1 for Exchange 2007 to address the issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running.
Here is a list of the fixes included in update rollup 1:
- 2188615 Event ID: 4999 is logged when the EdgeTransport.exe process crashes intermittently on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 2203381 “554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt message content” NDR is generated when you send an email message to an Exchange Server 2007 user
- 2251714Â The connecting information is not logged when a user accesses a mailbox that is hosted on an Exchange Server 2007 server by using POP3 or by using IMAP4
- 958305 An incorrect user is displayed as the caller in a mail message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 973040Â The BccÂ information is lost when the Exchange Server 2003 journalized messages are sent to an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox
- 973637 Exchange Server 2007 creates incorrect Lotus Notes proxy email addresses
- 975424 The â€œlegacyExchangeDNâ€ value is shown in the â€œFromâ€ field of an email message instead of the Simple Display Name in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 975993 “The message could not be opened” error message when an Exchange Server 2007 user tries to open or accept a meeting request
- 976100 Shared calendar items are shown incorrectly in the server time zone instead of the time zone of an Exchange Server 2007 user who is accessing the shared calendar
- 977189 The meeting time of a meeting forward notification is incorrect on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 978144Â A warning message is received when you run the Test-ReplicationHealth cmdlet on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 978468 You receive an error message and Event ID: 1008 is logged when you move an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox
- 979038Â A memory leak occurs in the Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.exe process when you run the Test-OwaConnectivityÂ cmdlet or the Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 979194Â Excluding domain names from the Sender ID filter does not take effect after you run the Set-SenderIDConfig cmdlet on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 979338 Fax communication sessions are dropped by an Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging server
- 979519 The PR_REPORT_TEXT property represents an incorrect read notification in Exchange Server 2007
- 979803Â Internet Explorer unexpectedly focuses on an Exchange Server 2007 user’s OWA inbox or on an OWA calendar that is added as a web part on a SharePoint Server-based website
- 980205 Public folder replication is blocked unexpected in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 980301 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service stops responding during a Volume Shadow Copy Service backup on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 980404Â A multibyte character is converted into a â€œ0xFFFDâ€ character or into unrecognized characters when you use Exchange Web Services in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 980725 You experience issues when you move messages from one mailbox folder to another mailbox folder in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 980914 A user does not receive any new email messages by using a third-party POP3 client in a mixed Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2003 environment
- 980953 A second dot is added to the file names of the automatic generated attachments on an Exchange Server 2007 SP2 or later version server
- 981794Â The Get-AgentLog cmdlet operation stops and you receive an error message Exchange Server 2007
- 982055 The store.exe process crashes occasionally on an active node when you move the Exchange Virtual Server from an active node to a passive node in an Exchange Server 2007 cluster environment
- 982099 Unexpected issues occur after you run the Set-mailbox cmdlet on an Exchange Server 2007 server to convert a shared mailbox into a regular mailbox
- 982118Â The VSS backup operation fails occasionally and Event ID: 2034 is generated on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 982213 The display name or the address of a user is displayed in garbage characters when you reply to an email message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 982475 The inline image of an email message that is sent by using OWA with S/MIME enabled is lost for an Exchange Server 2007 user
- 982542Â Attachments of certain email messages disappear at the client-side when you use an ExOLEDB-based application to change email messages in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 982722 It takes a long time to copy or move items from one public folder to another public folder by using Outlook in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 982928 The Msftesql.exe process continues using memory on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 983296 Exchange ActiveSync crashes on an Exchange Server 2007 server causing the client synchronization to be unavailable
- 983447 A NDR is not generated when an email message is not delivered after you set the value for “Maximum number of recipients” of “Transport Settings” to “0” on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 983529 The EdgeTransport.exe process crashes and then restarts on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 983540 “Http 500” error message when you use Exchange Troubleshooting Assistant on an Exchange Server 2007 Client Access server to diagnose issues
Download the rollup here.
If you havenâ€™t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If youâ€™re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that donâ€™t have Internet access, see â€œInstalling Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that donâ€™t have Internet accessâ€ for some additional steps.