Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2010:
- Update RollupÂ 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 (KB2803727)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2010 SP3, you need to apply Update RollupÂ 1 for Exchange 2010 SP3Â to address the issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running.
Here is a list of the fixes included in Update Rollup 1:
- 2561346 Mailbox storage limit error when a delegate uses the manager’s mailbox to send an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2729954 Can’t send voice message to a selected non-primary email address in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2750846 Information Store service crashes when you mount public folder databases on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2751628 Event ID 9682 does not record the folder name when you delete a public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2756460 You cannot open a mailbox that is located in a different site by using Outlook Anywhere in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2763065 Move request log is logged when you move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2777742 Address Book service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server when a server has been running for 25 days or more
- 2781488Â RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE (0x6BA) error code when you use a MAPI or CDO-based application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2782683 Email message that a user sends by using the “Send As” or “Send On Behalf” permission is saved only in the Sent Items folder of the sender in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784210Â Ethical wall does not function as expected when the ReportToOriginatorEnabled property is disabled in an Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 coexistence environment
- 2793348 Read receipt is sent unexpectedly when you view an email message by using Outlook Web App
- 2796490 Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2802569 Mailbox synchronization fails on an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2803132 Delayed email message delivery on a BlackBerry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2806602 EdgeTransport.exe process crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server
- 2814723 Server loses network connectivity and UDP ports are used up on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2814847Â Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device
- 2816934Â Error code 0X800CCC13 when an additional POP3 or IMAP account is used to send an email message and Outlook online mode is used to connect to an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2817140 Exchange Replication service crashes intermittently in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2817852 Cyrillic characters are displayed as question marks in the “To” field of message items in the Sent Items folder in an Exchange 2010 environment
- 2818456 Attachments are missing from an embedded message in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2822208Â Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6Â or SP3
- 2826066Â VSAPI-based antivirus software causes delayed response in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2827037Â Copy of an item is created in the Version subfolder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2833888Â No items are displayed in Outlook after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 or Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2840099Â ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionÂ exception when an EWS application creates a new MIME email in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Download the rollup here.
If you havenâ€™t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If youâ€™re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that donâ€™t have Internet access, see â€œInstalling Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that donâ€™t have Internet accessâ€ for some additional steps.
Note to Forefront users:
If you donâ€™t disable Forefront before installing a rollup or service pack, and enable afterwards, you run the risk of Exchange related services not starting. You can disable Forefront by going to a command prompt and navigating to the Forefront directory and running FSCUtility /disable. To enable Forefront after installation of a UR or SP, run FSCUtility /enable.