This is the changelog page for Script: Set-CsFeatures.ps1 – Easily Install Prerequisites and Tools for Lync Server 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015. You will find a complete list of released versions, their dates, and the features and issues addressed in each. Please refer to the script’s main page for more information including download links, installation details, and more.
v4.06 – 02-05-2017
- Added some additional code for OOS (option 5) to deal with (& log) potential issue where OOS ISO image isn’t mounted, or takes a while to mount.
- Added option 80-10: Skype for Business Adoption Portal [DOWNLOAD ONLY]
- Re-enabled the static route section of the edge server config (option 2). I forgot this was disabled. This has always been a real pain to deal with. This is because sometimes, when you programmatically remove the gateway on the internal NIC and reboot the machine, Windows will clear ALL of the config for that NIC. This usually means that when the machine is back up and running, you can’t connect to it. I have yet to find a rhyme or reason as to what causes this. If you can’t RDP to the edge server once it reboots, check the internal NIC config.
- Added option 90-4 to disable the RC4 Ciper. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2868725 and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/245030 for more info.
- Updated option 5 (OOS) to November 2016 build
- Added option 70-13 – WireShark taskbar shortcut
- Fixed an issue with 50-19 (Block install of .NET 4.6.1) that would thow an error when checking for specific registry values
- Updated option 6 (Persistent Chat) for Skype for Business Server 2015
- Fixed an issue in option 6 (Persistent Chat) where if a reboot was required, and the user chose to reboot, the server wouldn’t reboot automatically.
- Updated option 30-1 (WireShark) to prompt if you want a taskbar shortcut created for WireShark.
- Updated option 50-18 (Skype federation) to ensure that the provider config is enabled if it already exists.
- Minor tweaking to Write-Log (logging function)
- Minor tweak to detection of last boot time
- Updated option 30-1 (WireShark) to v2.2.4
- Updated Get-UpdateInfo function to v1.2
- Updated 50-14 (Install Skype for Business Online Admin components) to include all requirements for management of Skype for Business in O365, including “Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant”, “Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell”, and “Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module”
- Updated 80-6 (Download Skype for Business Online Admin components) to include all requirements for management of Skype for Business in O365, including “Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant”, “Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell”, and “Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module”
v4.05 – 11-04-2016
- Updated GUID for Message Analyzer as MS rolled out a new version (4.0.8112.0), and the script was hanging looking for the old GUID.
- Fixed an issue where the SMB file share would get the wrong share name when not specifying -skype4b option, and choosing “yes” on the prompt.
v4.04 – 11-02-2016
- Fixed some URL references that still pointed to the old version of the script & its related downloads. No functionality changes as a result of this. More of just a housekeeping issue. Added a variable that will eliminate this issue going forward.
- Fixed an issue where a file download fails (for any reason), and the retry fails because the filename has a space in it. Stupid missing quotes….
- Fixed an issue where the SQL Express code wouldn’t run when using -skype4b and selecting options 1, 2, 4, or 6.
- Updated .NET warning to include a link to Jeff Guillet’s article on removing .NET framework 4.6.1
- Updated SQL Express 2014 and SQL Server Management Studio to SP2 (from RTM). Dunno why I didn’t see that earlier. – Thanks to @pilzi for pointing it out to me.
- The usual code optimization as I find better, faster, more efficient/consistent ways of doing things.
- Preliminary work around supporting Windows Server 2016 – NOTE: Lync Server 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015 are NOT supported on Windows Server 2016. Yet.
v4.03 – 11-01-2016
- Fixed issue with option 60-6 in Skype4b mode not recognizing resource kit installed (it was looking for the old executable name)
- Changed -Win2012Source parameter to -WindowsSource (in anticipation of Windows 2016 support for Skype for Business Server 2015)
- Created option 30 – Third Party Tools menu, and moved WireShark and Customized PortQryUI to it
- Code optimization
- Moved option 24 (UCMA) to the Misc Server Config menu (50)
- Moved option 16 (Windows Update) to the Misc Server Config menu (50)
- fixed URLs in comment help for the script (they were still pointing at the old version)
- added the SQL Express and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) code for -Skype4B. Selecting appropriate options will now install the SQL Express 2014 instances and/or SSMS. -SQLPath works as intended, as well.
- Updated the function that checks for an update. It should now properly show the changelog info in the popup message.
- minor changes to some test functions
v4.02 – 10-28-2016
- Added option: 40-4 – Show Response Groups with no agents
- Added option: 50-19 – Temporarily block the installation of .NET Framework 4.6.1 – this does not remove any existing installation of .Net 4.6.1. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133990 for more info on the method used, and http://www.expta.com/2016/02/how-to-uninstall-net-framework-461.html for info on how to remove .NET Framework 4.6.1.
- Fixed main menu not displaying option 40 (reports)
- Fixed issue with some downloads not working – Thanks to Martijn for pointing it out
v4.01 – 10-25-2016
- Fixed a minor display issue when submitting bug reports.
- Fixed a minor issue when the script can’t connect to the web site to retrieve update info.
- Fixed an issue where errors would occur if the person running the script isn’t a Domain Admin.
- Added option 40 to main menu for reports, and added:
- 40-1) Show AD disabled accounts that are still enabled in Lync/SfB
- 40-2) Show elevated accounts that are enabled in Lync/SfB
- 40-3) Show users whose SMTP address doesn’t match their SIP address
v4.0 – 10-24-2016
- Initial version