Update Rollup 6 (UR6) for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 released
Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2010:
- Update RollupÂ 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 (KB2746164)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2010 SP2, you need to apply Update Rollup 6 for Exchange 2010 SP2 to address the issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running.
Here is a list of the fixes included in Update Rollup 6:
- 2489941 The “legacyExchangeDN” value is shown in the “From” field instead of the “Simple Display Name” in an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2717453 You cannot move or delete a folder by using Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2733608 Corrupted Japanese DBCS characters when you send a meeting request or post a reply to a posted item in a public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2734635 Folder-associated information (FAI) items are deleted when you run the New-InboxRule cmdlet or change Inbox rules in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2737046 AutoPreview feature does not work when you use Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2741117 High CPU utilization by Microsoft Exchange Replication service on Client Access servers in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2746030 Incorrect ExternalURLÂ value for EWS is returned by an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server
- 2750188 Exchange Service Host service crashes when you start the service on an Exchange 2010 server
- 2751417 Synchronization fails if you sync an external device to a mailbox through EAS in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2751581 OAB generation fails with event IDs 9126, 9330, and either 9338 or 9339 in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2760999 “The signup domain ‘org’ derived from ‘.org’ is not a valid domain” error message when you use the Hybrid Configuration wizard in an Exchange Server
- 2776259 Msftefd.exe process crashes if an email attachment has an unexpected file name extension or no file name extension in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2779387 Duplicated email messages are displayed in the Sent Items folder in a EWS-based application that accesses an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2783586 Name order of a contact is displayed incorrectly after you edit the contact in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783631 User-Agent field is empty when you run the Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2783633 You cannot move or delete an email message that is larger than the maximum receive or send size in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783649 Private appointment is visible to a delegate in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783771 Mailbox on a mobile device is not updated when EAS is configured in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783772 Edgetransport.exe process crashes after a journal recipient receives an NDR message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783776 You cannot perform a cross-premises search in a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 hybrid environment
- 2783782 Error message when you use Scanpst.exe on a .pst file in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784081 Store.exe process crashes if you add certain registry keys to an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2784083 Week numbers in the Outlook Web App and Outlook calendars are mismatched in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784093 SCOM alerts and event ID 4 in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 organization that has Update Rollup 1 or later
- 2784566 Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2787023 Exchange Mailbox Assistants service crashes when you try to change a recurring calendar item or publish free/busy data in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2793274 A new option is available that disables the PermanentlyDelete retention action in an Exchange Server 2010 organization
- 2793278 You cannot use the search function to search for mailbox items in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2793279 Exchange Server 2010 does not restart when the Microsoft Exchange Replication service freezes
- 2793488 Internet Explorer freezes when you connect to the OWA several times in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2810616 Email message delivery is delayed on a Blackberry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
Download the rollup here.
If you havenâ€™t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If youâ€™re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that donâ€™t have Internet access, see â€œInstalling Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that donâ€™t have Internet accessâ€ for some additional steps.
Note to Forefront users:
If you donâ€™t disable Forefront before installing a rollup or service pack, and enable afterwards, you run the risk of Exchange related services not starting. You can disable Forefront by going to a command prompt and navigating to the Forefront directory and running FSCUtility /disable. To enable Forefront after installation of a UR or SP, run FSCUtility /enable.